Обява за работа
National Communications Officer for Sturgeons
The main responsibility of this position is to communicate the activities of the project „Sustainable protection of Lower Danube sturgeons by preventing and counteracting poaching and illegal wildlife trade“. The project is an EC co-funded project which takes place in 6 countries (Austria, Bulgaria, Germany, Romania, Serbia and Ukraine) and its goal is to promote sturgeon protection in the target countries. It continues until December 2020 and WWF-Austria is the leading partner.
National communications officer
Overall communication content responsibilities:
- Communicates content trough WWF Bulgaria information channels, in line with the grant agreement and WWF branding guidelines;
- Participates in the creation and implementation of project communications strategy;
- Ensures regular internal communication;
- Is responsible for all the development and production of the Bulgarian information materials;
- Is responsible for the organization of events and for the communication activities in support of the events;
- Supports other national communication work, other than sturgeon conservation work;
- Maintains the Bulgarian version of the project’s website and ensures consistency of messaging over the project languages;
- Maintains regular contact with media.
- Internal: The National Communications Officer has a direct reporting relationship with National Head of Communications, but within the project team reports to the national project manager.
- External: Supports the Regional Communications Officer.
We expect from you:
- Knowledge: University degree in Communications or Human Sciences (Sociology or related subjects);
- Experience: At least 3 years of professional experience in communications as well as in team coordination and project management; experience in project based reporting; experience in working with multinational and virtual teams preferred;
- Adheres to the WWF mission, as well as lives the WWF Values: People Empowerment, Trust, Impact Driven, Responsibility, Standard of Excellence
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in Bulgarian and English
- Computer literacy: Microsoft Office and Google cloud services
- Experience in organizing events
- Experience in working with subcontractors
- Good and relevant digital communication skills
- Ability to lead, impellent and finalize processes
- Assertive and decisive
- Ability to multitask
- Team work
- Experience in working with a virtual team
- Structured mode of operation
- Willingness to travel
- Commitment to WWF’s mission and priorities
- Ability to work in an international environment and within a multi-cultural team
- Availability travel within Europe for meetings and project visits.
Send a short presentation of you skills, experience and interest in the position, as well as your CV to email@example.com and еvoynova@wwfdcp.bg by Friday, 30th September 2016. Please understand that we can only reply to short-listed candidates.
For more information on WWF Bulgaria kindly check the website: wwf.bg